Thursday, May 8, 2014

Clearing


Maybe it's because I'm old
And there is no time left for hesitation
No time left to not join in the dance
And I've one too many regrets

Maybe it's because I'm young
And there's no day better than today
No body better to join to his 
In unmatched pleasure it's a shame to waste

Maybe it's because I'm tired
Of never living in the moment
Never knowing anything too long but survive
Relentless unforgiving breakers crashing life boat dreams

Maybe it's because I'm strong
And the mountain calls out, promising
My heartbeat's like a warrior's
And my arms and legs are sure to carry me

Maybe it's because I'm crazy
From too many years of not speaking my mind
When something wrong reached out its shadowed hand
Grabbed my spirit, turned my path, stole my destiny

Maybe it's because I'm wise
And I have no room for fools and fakes
So I machete out a reality through the jungle straight to you
And it's all worth that naked moment in the clearing

(c) Colleen Lloyd
March 13. 2014
Hurricane, Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment