Monday, May 19, 2014

A Higher Mind Delivered


For my mental health
They stripped me of my Will
Negated it and dignity
Made my life a living hell
Though I didn't feel I was living...well
Now three and one-half years later
I am going to get down on my knees and thank God
I am free of it now
I can see it, how
(S)he has delivered me out of the hands of my enemies.
It's taken that long to feel that
I am, at last, from that
72 hours.
Or was it longer?

Whole.
Still,
Contending with everyone
In this fight for the survival of myself
Real or imagined?
It's all the same.
The brain, when you dream
Can't tell the difference.
It remembers the experience.
My God.
And mine beaten and battered beyond its humanity to cope
Tried,
Like my old truck
To obey the divine-self,
Self-belief's commands to
Forget, refuse, deny
When its job was to record it.

Still, the Higher Mind uses the other as it Will,
As it Will turn out.
And I kiss the steering-Will
Of my old truck
And rest upon it
When the world is
Still
Under us
And we rest together upon it
Still
To a Higher Mind
Delivered.

(c) Colleen Lloyd
at Mom's cabin
Cedar City, Utah
about 1986

No comments:

Post a Comment